What are Career Pathways?
Career Pathways provide students a sequential set of classes to explore careers of interest and develop skills in preparation for college and career.
Introductory courses allow students to explore a wide variety of careers within the field. Technical level courses focus on specific skills that are needed within the career area. Students who have gained the technical skills within the pathway are eligible to enroll in Application level courses, which provide “real-world” experiences in the classroom with industry mentors or through professional workplace experience.
Benefits of College & Career Pathways:
- Access to exclusive project-based learning experiences
- Exposure to high-demaind, high-income industries
- Small learning communities of students centered on your student’s field of interest
- Career exploration so student can determine his/her career and educational plan beyond high school
- College credit opportunities
Career Pathways Available at SHS:
- Agriculture Science
- Business Finance
- Business Management & Administration
- Construction & Design
- Digital Media
- Family, Community, & Consumer Services
- Fine Arts
- Government & Public Administration
- Graphic Design
- Health Science
- Web & Digital Communications
To complete a Career Pathway, students need to complete one class in each of the levels: introductory, technical, and application. To learn more about what classes you would need to take please click on the link below: